Tuesday 17 January 2012

Writing

I'm a keen writer, incredibly interested in poetry and stories, both to write and to read. However, not a lot of schools will offer a class or a course/club outside of regular school hours to help with what I would probably consider my main hobby. I think that it should be taken into account that the Arts, including writing, should be given the same amount of importance as sports or other extra-curricular activities. Luckily, I've gotten into a Creative Writing module in school, just for this year, but sometimes I just think that a small group of people who are as committed to writing, who have a teacher there to help and talk us through parts of writing, would be preferrable. I really, really don't want to spend the rest of the year with a class of people who don't even want to be in that group. :/ still, anything to do with writing is fun once you get used to it. Maybe more colleges will start offering courses in it soon? I hope so. :)

Dabbler

No comments:

Post a Comment