Tuesday 10 January 2012

Torchwood

From left to right, Characters (Actors): Gwen Cooper (Eve Myles), Martha Jones (Freema Agyeman), Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman), Ianto Jones (Gareth David Lloyd), Toshiko Sato (Naoko Mori), Dr. Owen Harper (Burn Gorman)
I have recently become mildly obsessed with the amazing series that is Torchwood. I have watched all of seasons 1-3, but at that point my interest wanes. I will watch season 4, just to see John Barrowman as the amazing Captain Jack, but they killed Ianto. They wrote him out well, I'll give them that, but he was the perfect romantic interest for Jack and now only two of the original five team members are left, and they're separated by a little thing called the Atlantic Ocean. It shouldn't have been brought to America, Wales was perfect for it (plus the accents are much better) and also this strange 'forbidden love' thingy that Gwen and Jack have is just strange. Aside from the fact that she's, ahem, been 'involved' with everyone, she's now married to a brilliant guy and it just seems like she's being a bit of a cow to him. Leave the promiscuity to Jack, John Barrowman is good at that sort of thing. :P Anyway, the books have saved me. There are plenty with Ianto in them, so for now I shall simply wait and see what happens. I would recommend it though, just watch from the start. By the way, I'm not even a Doctor Who fan, so it just goes to show how great this spin-off is in its own right. Watch it now, and thank me later. :)

Dabbler

No comments:

Post a Comment