Wednesday 29 February 2012

The Muppets Film

Now, I'm a fan of The Muppets. So much so that I have a Muppets poster up on the wall of my room, right next to the Ed Hardy one and the street-racer one. When the film came out, then, you can guess how excited I was. I'm now telling you how disappointed I was afterwards.
Admittedly, the film had a few good points. Some of the lines were good, and some references brought back old memories for fans. But on the whole, it wasn't great. Firstly, Rizzo wasn't in it, and that lovable, cowardly rat is basically my favourite character, along with Sam the Eagle (who only had one line). Animal was the star of the show, with most of the good scenes centring on him. The whole human/muppet dance routine with the cheesy grins just let down the show, in my opinion. The Muppets were always good for a laugh, and whether you were 7 or 70 you were likely to laugh. For this film, the plot was boring (saving the Muppet studios? How many of their films have involved that?) and the characters were very flat. I have to say, as a fan of the old and amazing show, I was disappointed and, frankly, embarrassed by this film. I'd been telling my friends about how great they were, and then, during the film, found myself sinking as low as possible into my seat. Hard luck lads, better luck next year.

Dabbler

No comments:

Post a Comment