Thursday 20 October 2011

Gaddafi

Libya is finally free, with Gaddafi's death. The images and videos shown were distressing, made more so by the celebrations going on around his dead body. Death was enough, wasn't it? I don't think I have the right to say he deserved it, even though it may be how I feel. I wish we had an ideal society, where criminals were arrested, charged and punished. Now, all that's happened is that more blood has been shed. Sorrow upon sorrow. It's not a proud chapter in Libya's history; no death is justified. Then, to drag his body through the streets, cheering? I understand it, but it sickens me slightly. The families of his victims deserved to see him be punished by the law of their free, proud country. This is not justice, but I hope that Libya can make a new start, and a better world for themselves. I won't put a picture of Gaddafi's body up; it's too bad to be accessible to all age groups.

Dabbler

No comments:

Post a Comment