Friday 9 September 2011

TY Trip #3

Kayaking! (again not me, but you get the gist!)
So, it came to Wednesday, and waking up sore from a céilí (dance), paddling and walking, I was wrecked. That was when we were told we were going to go kayaking. In the wind. And rain. Yay. :P anyway, we got up and changed into wetsuits, lifejackets and helmets. We got our kayaks and pushed ourselves out into the water. After a while we were allowed to beach the boats and go for a swim, and as we were already soaked we all jumped in! I stayed out swimming with one of my friends while the boats were being stored. Joy of joys, by the time we got out of the lake, the hot water had all been used in the showers. In fact, all the water had been used. Cut to a five hour bus journey home smelling like a lake. Good times! :) seriously though, I would recommend Dunlewey and Gartan to anyone looking for a fun holiday, as long as they don't mind getting dirty. :P

Dabbler

No comments:

Post a Comment